May Day or Mayday?


I love the month of May as it debuts with May Day and all the promise of spring. A time when one feels like the threat of snow has passed (usually) and thoughts of planting begin. Flowers are blooming, the grass is growing and life takes on a fresh, rosy hue.  This year is the rosiest that I can remember because I am in a much healthier place. 

As I reflect on the month of May, I realized that in the past, each spring was a time when I felt only desparation, dread and despair for the upcoming shorts and swimsuit weather. I have always loved spring but for most of my life, it always brought with it the dawning reality that I could no longer hide my excess weight behind bulky sweaters, layers and winter jackets.  The days of sweltering heat and having to go without layers, always brought anxiety and embarrassment. Not to mention chafing.

As I thought about the phrase "May Day" it brought back memories of making little baskets with my kids to surprise their friends.  But then I got to thinking about the term "Mayday" as the recognized code for distress. Last summer, I finally called "Mayday" and someone came to my rescue. 

For some (like me), the month of May begins the perennial cycle of once again trying to lose weight (only to regain it over the next winter). How about you? Are you excited for summer days and swimsuit weather or are you dreading the days of sweat rashes and clothing that doesn't quite hide your struggles?  If the latter describes you, please let me help you get off that [not so] merry-go-round.  

I would love to offer a basket full of hope that you can make changes, that you can turn around years of bad habits, food obsessions or even food addictions. If you have lived through years cycling through  gaining and losing weight, I want you to know that cycle can stop this year.  Imagine never another yo-yo dieting experience but rather a transformational change in how you eat and how you think about food. I would love to answer your "Mayday" call and give you hope that a healthy life can be in your future!

This May, I want to help you answer yes, to these "May" questions:
  • May I finally lose weight and keep it off?
  • May I leave behind shame and failure?
  • May I dream again about fun ways to be active with my family?
  • May I break the yo-yo diet cycle, once and for all?
This spring, may you have a fresh vision of what is truly possible. Together let's plant seeds of better health and by fall, you'll be reaping a harvest of benefits that will impact not only your life but the lives of those around you!   

Our physical health can have a direct impact on so many other areas: when we fuel our body and mind properly, we unleash reserves and energy that were otherwise not available to us.  If poor health is leaving you exhausted and in constant pain, that will impact how we show up as an employee, spouse, parent, and friend. 

We have been given one life to live and one body in which to serve the Lord and others. Are you running that body into the ground or are you caring for that body, that it may be effective and faithful for as long as possible? The goal of better health is not for the praise of people, but in order to more fully carry out the directives that the Lord gives each of us. 

If there is any way I can help you achieve better health, please reach out. More than anything, I pray that Romans 15:13 would become true for you:
May the God of hope, fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.



 

Comments